Updated: Jan 18, 2019
Ya know that season that's after Christmas that isn't quite spring or even Valentine's Day yet?! I guess they call that Winter... Ha, well, it's that awkward time of year when you take down your Christmas decor and at first everything feels naked in your house.
Yet, it still feels nice and fresh for the new year... but what comes next? I'm in that place... I like a little bit of greenery and warm cozy vibes for the month of January placed simply so it still feels fresh and clean. That's the vibe I went with for my Winter mantel decor.
I got by with a little help from my friends. I thought I'd share some friends that are inspiring me with their take on cozy Winter vibes. Here's who's winter style is giving me all the fresh & cozy vibes while giving me major some major inspo.
1. Let's start off with some serious Mantel goals from Allison (@detailsdarlingsanddaiquiris)
The simplicity of the greenery paired with the initial... the fireplace design... yes to all. Simple, elegant, and cozy. What more could a fireplace ask for?
2. Next up is Shelbie from @mylittlehumbledwelling is a master as deconstructing vintage furniture and creating light and bright masterpieces... And umm, can we talk about all of the creamy texture going on in this room. Hey girl, can I AirBnb up in this place?!
3. Not only is Sarah (@forpetersonssake ) one of the sweetest gals around... but her and I are on the same wavelength when it comes to winter mantel decor. Let's just say, the inspiration is mutual. Mirrors, and candles, and greenery, and I'm oh so loving all of that chippy goodness.
4. Don't have a Mantel to decorate? My girl Carly (@thefarmhousestory) has you covered. I am loving how she layered windows, book pages, embroidery hoops, and greenery to create this fresh little display to start of her decor vibes for the new year.
5. Okay, hold the phone. I know, its that infamous mirror we all wish we had in every size... and its impeccably paired with a gorgeous velvet chair & dreamy floral greenery... dang Jess (@houseon77th) you are killing it.
6. Okay, let's pair it down. Let's zoom on in and focus on some glorious detail. Dried greenery with wood & black tones. Shut up. Melissa (@melissambach) is the master of intentional and powerful in everything she does.
7. The queen of all things cozy, Liz Marie (@lizmariegalvan). I could share every photo on her feed from the past few weeks and it would ooze cozy winter vibes. It would also ooze pure joy & goodness - which we should all decorate our lives with.
8. Sarah's entire home (@sarahjaneinteriors) is light and bright and beautiful. So naturally, her winter decor is understated and hits the nail on the head. She makes a dark season, like winter, feel ever so light.
9. Margaret (@margaret.ashleigh), previously know as All Things Chippy, effortlessly transitions her house from season to season by continuously displaying timeless decor in a new way. This woman is inspiration in a bottle.
10. I literally just found Maci (@secondchapterhouse) the other day when a friend shared her account in their stories. It stopped me dead in my tracks. I immediately hit that follow button... she just has a way of making the new feel old in the best way possible. I am drooling.
11. Ashley (@vintagehomegirl) and her antique finds just get me. Her treasure hunts read my flipping mind. No joke. I'll take one of everything. Okay?
12. Alex (@alexgothard.interiors) is the queen of maximizing space and creating the most adorable vignettes in her home. Every detail is accounted for. Good old classic vintage goodness for any season right there.
13. Every single picture that Stephanie (@stephsterjovski) takes stops me mid scroll. She not only is a fashion guru - but her home is pure neutral cozy goodness. She is goals, people. Goals.
So shout out to my pals for being so lovely and inspiring to me this season. Hopefully these ladies got you out of your post Christmas rut - because they surely helped me!